Friday, April 20, 2012

"Completion"

I have been knitting an incredible amount lately. I'm working on a shawl pattern that should be ready in about a month or so. I've been testing it and have made 4 shawls--so far. Each one is a little--okay, a lot--different. That's what keeps it interesting. I love this shawl and started the 5th today--and, truth be told, there is also a 6th one around here somewhere already started. It will be fun to show you all the pictures when the pattern's done.

But that is not all that's going on. It is the time of the year when I go through my projects, pile them up, sort them, and then decide on priorities. Doing this has shown me that a busy winter has left me scattered. It's the same story every spring.

I have 4 half-done blocks for a block-class I'm teaching, a pair of fingerless gloves (gift) with just two thumbs left to knit, a couple of languishing hats, a steeked sweater with one buttonband half-knitted, many other sweaters (let us not count them) in various stages of "completion," a poor little wrap just a quarter of the way finished--and the list goes on.

On the writing side, I have about 6? 8? 10? professional photos of my own designs that need to have the patterns written up.

Let's not even mention the quilting.

There was only one thing I could think of to do when faced with all of this, the one place I knew to go for all the answers to all the challenges I face in life:

I typed the word "Completion" into Google.

After the dictionary definitions (yes, yes, I already know what completion is--or do I?), there was an app called "Completion." Its screen layout appealed to me. I downloaded it.

I now have a choice: I can work on the stuff I need to complete, or I can type my to-do list into Completion.

What would you do?

... And what would you do if you were me?

2 comments:

  1. Glad I am not the only one that has difficulty completing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very wise woman once said, "knit on each project for 10 min. everyday." You would be surprised how fast you could wrap everything up.

    ReplyDelete