Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Teegan, Continued

Teegan seems to be captivating people! I'm having fun watching this pattern do well on a "Nerd Wars" board on Ravelry. If you are on Ravelry (a site that is like a Facebook for knitters, for you nonknitters out there), follow this link to watch the action:

Ravelry Nerd Wars: Scroll down the page, and look for madamezola’s hat called Bert and Ernie. That is actually Teegan.

If you are not on Ravelry, then I will update you. As of this writing, Teegan has gathered 98 votes in a 5-way race of knitting projects. The next vote-getting project is at 84 votes. The voting for this round ends at the end of the month.

So that has been fun to watch. (Feel free to go there still to add your vote!)

The other fun thing about Teegan this month happened when Anne walked in the other day:


She had made multiple Teegans for her son's family and brought them in to show me. Mom and Dad and baby are each getting a Teegan. And Anne, having a great deal of foresight, also made the baby a larger Teegan for when he is bigger. She has promised me upon a stack of yarn that she will show me photos of everyone in their hats.

So I want to thank everyone for voting on Teegan and for making Teegan. It has been exciting to watch! 

I am going to start a class called "Really Clear Year" at Stitch Your Art Out. It will be a monthly class, and we will do only my patterns. We are going to vote on the Really Clear patterns to make--for all but the first class. For that one, we're going to start with Teegan. Fair Isle is always fun and always exciting to see, but on this project, trust me that you will particularly love making the earflaps. I hope you can join the class! Call the shop between 10 and 5:30 to enroll!


No comments:

Post a Comment