Monday, December 10, 2012

Teegan

The photographer who takes my photos wanted an earflap hat for a prop. I started designing one. I took it to her, and she fell in love with it--so much so that it turned into her own hat.

I hadn't planned on anything further, but as soon as she put it on, I decided it needed to be a pattern.

So I made her pose for the pattern photo.

I first wrote the pattern back in August, but it took this long to get it through testing and revision. It is ready now, and is available on Ravelry, and will also be on paper at Stitch Your Art Out by Tuesday or Wednesday. It uses Dale of Norway's Falk, one of my favorite yarns. You can make one for everyone in the family--the sizing runs from baby to large adult. The ear flaps are particularly fun to make, if I do say so myself. (Can you tell what I did by looking at them?)

The best part about Teegan, however, is that as you work, the colors of yarn will dance in your hands. There is nothing more satisfying or addicting than a little bit of Fair-Isle!

No comments:

Post a Comment